A day at the Beach


As you can tell from this weeks Wordless Wednesday post, we went to the beach.  My neighbor Kelley and I decided to load up our dogs, an ice chest and some chairs before heading out to Surfside Beach.


Zoe and Sunny ran straight for the water as soon as we let them out of the car.


Sunny prefers to lay in the water rather than swim.  She's just a laid back Golden Retriever and the complete opposite of my Zoe.


Zoe prefers to spend  her time chasing waves and seagulls.  I always have to call her back, otherwise she'd swim way out into the sea from chasing wave after wave.


At one point there were about five dolphins that came really close to shore.  Yet, every time I would get my camera out for a photo they were no where in sight.  I've always heard of people claiming that there are always dolphins at this beach but this was my first time seeing it for myself.  Zoe saw one and came running out of the water towards me.  I guess she's not a fan.  :\


Typical Sunny laying in the water and Zoe making sure the dolphins are gone.


Yep, all clear.  Time to chase some waves.  

Have a wonderful weekend!

Rick  – (August 3, 2012 at 6:36 PM)  

Those are some great shots Allison. I love the last one of Zoe. I didn't realize there was anywhere on the beach atheuy could go leash free. Doubt if we make it to the beach but maybe some fresh water swimming in the Ozarks when it gets cooler. I love seeing Lucy swim under water. I was shocked the first time I saw it.
Have a great weekend!

The Joke Puppy  – (August 4, 2012 at 3:16 AM)  

Blue sky,,,calm waves,,,2 (oops, I mean 4) beach babes ! Looks like a great time. Have a wonderful week-end.

Stacey  – (August 4, 2012 at 7:37 AM)  

Ah, I love these! Looks like such a fun trip and gorgeous weather. What do you take your pictures on?

Alison  – (August 4, 2012 at 12:06 PM)  

Stacey, I switch between my nikon and my phone with instagram.

haopee  – (August 5, 2012 at 2:33 AM)  

You went to the beach? That's just super duper cool!

Maybe the dolphins approached because there were animal lovers in the beach seeing Zoe and Sunny running around the waves.

By the way, your pictures looks pretty. Did you place a setting on it that it highlights Zoe and blurs the background?

Huggies and Cheese,

Haopee

Post a Comment

Picture

Picture

Welcome

Hi, I'm Alison and I have an 1 year old black lab mix named Zoe. She was found wandering around by herself near a highway at just 5 weeks old. While her story begins sad, she has had nothing short of a spoiled, happy and healthy life since coming home with me and my boyfriend.

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP