Barefoot in the Park


Well, not the movie but we did walk to the neighborhood park this morning.  I figured this would be a good change of pace for us.  Plus, it gave me a chance to work on Zoe's leash training.


The recreation center park is only a half mile down the road and we pass a retention pond on the way.  Sometimes I let Zoe swim in the water and in the evenings a guy takes his chocolate lab out there for hunting training.  However, the pond has gotten really low this past year due to the lack of rain.


Ahh, we've made it to the park!



Yet another hot and humid morning in Katy, TX.  Zoe was already panting by the time we got there.


Evidently I was not the only one with this idea this morning.  I was a little worried when I saw people come in with two Corgis.  I figured they'd get upset that my dog was off leash, but when they saw me they asked if their dogs could play with Zoe.  Uh, of course!!


Would you look at that tongue?  Next time I'll bring bottled water.


After the Corgis left Zoe did a bit more exploring.  She went nuts over the sand in the volleyball area.


Butt tuck = wild dog!



On our way home Zoe stopped for a quick dip in the pond.  It was so hot that I wanted to jump in myself.

Post a Comment

Picture

Picture

Welcome

Hi, I'm Alison and I have an 1 year old black lab mix named Zoe. She was found wandering around by herself near a highway at just 5 weeks old. While her story begins sad, she has had nothing short of a spoiled, happy and healthy life since coming home with me and my boyfriend.

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP